International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO) is a science competition for students under 16-year-of age on December 31st of the competition year. IJSO was established to promote interest in science among school students, exposing them to problem solving, critical thinking and experimentation. Over the years, IJSO aims to positively impact science and mathematics education at school level. IJSO is held in the first week of December of every year, in different countries.
The 14th International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO-2017) is going to be held on 3-12 December, 2017 at Netherlands on the theme Water and Sustainability. Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF) is inviting applications from young Pakistani science students to participate in the 14th International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO-2017). Therefore;
- Interested students (boys and girls) having age between 13-16 years and completed their middle level school education may send their applications on prescribed Proforma available on PSF website www.psf.gov.pk. ( Click here to download )
- The applicant must be a regular science student in a public or private sector (Govt. recognized) institution having proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Only shortlisted candidates on the basis of educational credentials shall be called for test and interview for their final selection.
- Six (6) students will be selected for the said event. The decision of the panel of Scientists/ Experts will be final in this regard.
- PSF will bear the expenditure including registration fee and visa fee of selected students for their participation in “International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO-2017)”. However, air travel and health insurance of students have to be borne by their parents/guardians/or their schools.
- Last date for receipt of application is 15th March, 2017. Incomplete/applications received after the closing date shall not be entertained.
For any query please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Principal Scientific Officer-SP
Pakistan Science Foundation,
1-Constitution Avenue G-5/2, Islamabad