||Field of Research
||Priority Research Areas
||• Development of technologies for mitigation and minimizing earthquake and their consequences.
• Using wooden materials in buildings.
• Improved altitude determination with GPS and altimetry.
• Close-up photogrammetry and architectural photogram metry
• Flux forced movements of slender constructions
• Seismic resistance construction
• Sustainable Building Materials )Innovative Materials/Low Embodied Energy Materials
• Environmental Engineering and Waste Management
• Energy Sustainability (Energy saving/smart buildings-low or nearly zero energy consumption buildings)
• Rain water management
||• Experimental studies on novel methods for improved oil recovery.
• Development of improved methods for numerical simulation of enhanced oil recovery processes in conventional, fractured and heterogeneous reservoirs.
• Development of improved techniques for interpretation of well tests, specially related to compressible reservoirs.
• Multiphase flow in wells and pipelines.
• Pumping and artificial lift.
||• Micro aerial vehicles and unmanned aerial vehicles
• Micro-robotics; Soft robotics; Bio-inspired robotics; Robot locomotion; Control of robots with limited sensing; Computation and communication
• Mobile manipulators, small to large unmanned ground vehicles
• Advance Manufacturing: Includes Meso/micro/nano-machining/fabrication using conventional and advanced technologies
||• Nanotechnology for enhanced performance of Industrial textiles, protective clothing and composites predicting the performance of fibers, yarns and fabrics.
• Medical textile
• 3D textile design Nano-composites, 3-D Weaving and 3-D Braiding.
• Mechanical Characterization of Composite Materials, Composite Joints.
• Improvement in fabric, technology of finishing, dyeing, printing, finishing and shrinkage control
||Automotive & Marine Engineering
||• Braking systems, engine technologies and bi-fuel research, hybrid electric and alternative powertrain.
• Assessment of offshore wind energy potential, Impact loads of wind and waves.
||• Composite materials including ceramics and polymers, and rare earth metal.
• Power metallurgy, vacuum metallurgy, foundry, casting and Pattern Design technology.
• Corrosion Control and Non-destructive Testing of Vessel, Turbine, Tanks and Pipeline.
||Polymer and Petrochemical Engineering
||• Innovative Resources for Electronic Materials, Polymer Nanocomposites and Nano Materials.
• Hybrid Polymers, Low-Dielectric Polymers, Reactive Polymer Blends, Catalysts for Polymer.
• Synthesis oil refining technology; synthetic petro-products; and material synthesis and properties.
||• Assembling of nanomaterials for low-cost, flexible, large-area solar cells.
• Electricity-generating carbon for nano-tubes.
• Develop technology to recycle old batteries into solar cells.
• Cells for more efficient bio-fuel production
• Design a new rechargeable flow battery enabling cheaper, large-scale energy storage.
• Making hydrogen from coal separations, creating electricity from carbon nanotubes.
• Sustainable Energy System
• Water recycling and re-use
• Packaging and waste recycling
• Complex Fluids and Polymers
||• Silicon-based photo-voltaics and photo-detectors.
• Dilute nitrides and SESAM structures.
• GaN technology, HVPE, LED-microarrays.
• Quantum dot structures, Novel LED structures.
||• Radio communications technology.
• Radio controlled intelligent sensors.
• Neural computing in image processing, nano-structured surfaces and fluidics.
||• Micro and nanotechnology include LED technology, solar cells, meta-materials.
• Micro and nano-robotics and sensors.
• Energy efficient data centers & transfer.
• Zero-energy wireless platform; tracking, control and optimization of energy use.
||• Piezoelectric, electro and magneto-strictive, electro-chromic and rheological materials, hydrogels, shape memory alloys, sensors etc.
• Biomaterials, Electronic, Optical & Magnetic Materials.
• Materials Performance, Materials Processing & Manufacturing, Mechanical Properties.
• Superconductors, Thin Films & Surface engineering, Welding.