PASTIC is the premier organization for dissemination of Scientific and Technological Information to the Scientists, Researchers, Engineers, Entrepreneurs, Industry and Citizens of Pakistan. PASTIC National Center is located in Quaid-e-Azam University Campus in Islamabad. It has six Sub Centers through out Pakistan including Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Quetta, Faisalabad and Muzaffarabad. PASTIC's services include Bibliographic Service, Document Supply Service, Abstracting and Indexing Service, National Science Reference Library, Repographic Services, and Technology Information Services. PASTIC works under Pakistan Science Foundation whic is the public organization for the promotion of Scientific Activities across Pakistan.
- To acquire, process and disseminate scientific and technological information to the R&D community.
- To provide Bibliographic Information and Document Supply Service.
- To develop inter-library cooperation, resource sharing at national level.
- To develop and strengthen the National Science Reference Library.
- To publish an abstracting and indexing journal entitled "Pakistan Science Abstracts in ten different S&T Disciplines".
- To compile Directory of S&T Periodicals of Pakistan, Union Catalogue of S&T Serials and other information tools.
- To train information personnel in contemporary techniques and methods of information handling.
- To interact with regional and international information agencies/networks
click here to visit the site.